Saturday, June 25, 2011

Lateralus x obZen && QBCCColour End

(Tried using tech pen with ballpoint pen and I am not too happy with it. Tweaked the drawing a bit in photoshop, though I'd rather not. Yep, no one's asking. I know.)

Crossbreeding ideas feels somewhat divine. Attempts such as this are not intended to blaspheme the purity or whatsoever of the entities fucked together. This is actually a high form of worship. Whatever the fuck that means. Anyway, here's LateralobZen. Had I been able to do mash-ups such as this one by Wax Audio (tori amos x pj harvey x bjork x massive attack = wasak), I would have done so.


LateralobZen
or Qabalah x Zen

Black then white are all I see in my infancy. Red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me. Lets me see a state of perfection, immersed in filth. Equilibrium obtained. As below, so above and beyond, I imagine drawn beyond the lines of reason. Push the envelope. Watch it bend. Pure in devotion to all things unwell. This sweet zen of our ill condition sustained.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. A new belief-system. Salvation found in vomit and blood. Withering my intuition, missing opportunities and I must feed my will to feel my moment drawing way outside the lines--where deprivation, lies, corruption, war and pain is god.


Black then white are all I see in my infancy. Red and yellow then came to be, reaching out to me. Balance. Harmony found in the sickly, the vile lets me see there is so much more and beckons me to look through to these infinite possibilities. Unflinching eyes, joyous and gleeming, as below, so above and beyond, I imagine drawn outside the lines of reason. Push the envelope. Watch it bend. Intense in their need to watch things die.

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind. A new belief-system. Salvation found in vomit and blood. Withering my intuition leaving all these opportunities behind--where deprivation, lies, corruption, war and pain is god.


Feed my will to feel this moment urging me to cross the line. Reaching out to embrace the random. Reaching out to embrace whatever may come.

Decay, disgrace, disgust - our state of zen.

I embrace my desire to the grime of contempt and degeneration, feel the rhythm, to feel connected enough to step aside and weep like a widow to feel inspired, to fathom the power, to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain--sticky, foul and pungent, to swing on the spiral of our divinity and still be a human.

With my feet upon the ground I lose myself between the sounds and open wide to suck it in, I feel it move across my skin. The sediment of our creation. I'm reaching up and reaching out, I'm reaching for the random or what ever will bewilder me. And following our will and wind we may just go where no one's been. We'll ride the spiral to the end and may just go where no one's been. We flourish in this bloodred soil.

Spiral out. Keep going, going...

(Lateralus by Tool [news?] & obZen by Meshuggah, lyrics here & here respectively.) And finally, the final set of the QBCCColour series! I decided to upload the last whole page now---panels 9 & 10 & 11 & 12. Panels 7 & 8 here. Panels 5 & 6 here. panels 3 & 4 here. First set here.


Note: Click the "komix" label, "read" the QBCCColours and dig the catch. :L

5 comments:

  1. Lateralus is different!
    Enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lateralus is different!
    Enjoy it!


    From spain):P

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sure is! A friend says mishmashing Lateralus and obZen seems like an enlightenment of some sort. In Hell.

    Muchas gracias for dropping by. :]

    ReplyDelete

Some other streets within the City as of 11.11.11.11.11

bi cycle : [i] [ii] [iii] buwan ng wika prompts : [001] [002] [003] [004] [005] [006] [007] [008] [009] [010] [011] [012] [013] [014] [015] [016] [017] [018] [019] [020] [021] [022] [023] [024] [025] [026] [027] [028] [x] [029] [030] [031] carcosite news net : [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] nausea : [001] [002] pandora's boxes : [i] [ii] [iii] [iv] [v] [vi] [vii] [viii] [ix] [x] [xi] qbccc : [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] reverence : [i] [ii] [001] [002] [003] [004] [005] [006] [007] [008] [009] [010] [011] [012] [013] [014] [015] [016] [017] [018] [019] [020] [021] [022] [023] [024] [025] [026] [027] [028] [029] [030] [031] << samhain countdown | shards : [i] [ii] [iii] [iv] [v] [vi] spectacles : [i] [ii] [iii] [iv] [v] [vi] [vii] [viii]