Friday, September 9, 2011

Semi-Collected Meditations x Vandalisms x Regurgitations Cover [Study]


Game plan: Planning some sort of a, say, coffeetable zine [though it seems to sound like piss, if not like sheer bullshit]. Declaring such a plan this early to somehow gauge whatever needs to be gauged, though I am planning to release Semi-Collected Meditations x Vandalisms x Regurgitations: an incomplete portfolio x portable gallery x curriculum vitae as a downloadable pdf file, though I might print a few copies--about 10, or so, depending on the feedback and/or the demand, but I honestly doubt any demand, as this is not really something that would contribute anything to your life, so the softcopy shall be as free as the air you breathe (yes, I am onto the hypothesis that the previous zines, to some extent, added something substantial to your life. Even a bit, I hope.)

Initial Conception: Assuming that you are not here by accident and that you are interested in something I have to say (Yes, never shared a link to this blog entry as once again, I am declaring SNS hiatus, as I feel like *some text missing*), I'd like to share something about this cover / version. I have initially printed three copies, containing whatever I can include. As you can see, the first three copies are specially prepared for the founding of MakiSining: The Makiling Art Group in Laguna (Hey, we / they are having a show / some sort of soft opening daw sabi ni Marvin Oloris this Tuesday at Paciano's house in LB. This is a part of the BaƱamos celebration. Wouldn't be able to drop by, though. Still in the process of adjusting and juggling identities and time and space. Anyway, by invitation itong opening, due to space constraints, but the show runs til the 17th! Habang parenthetical remark!). I was invited by Marv to be a founding member, and I joined and since I don't have a clearbook, and since I guess I was the only komix peep in the group, I opted to submit a saddlestitched zine as portfolio and cv.

Purpose, or lack therof: Sounding like a dick by planning on releasing such a zine, I might appear like someone claiming I am someone and I am somewhere already. No, I am not. Please do take this step, or thought, or plug, or attempt at doing a "collection" or some kind of portable museum as mere, uhm, trip or just for the sake of archiving what I have done, or what I deemed to have done. This particular zine is, I think, just some sort of celebration over the hallucination that somehow I have been productive. This is more of an attempt to convince myself that I have been doing something than an attempt to convince other people that I am prolific. Plus, maybe, this is my way of thanking whatever support I assumed I had. And maybe a way to make up for those un-printed stickers for Ang Sandatahang Banga komix, as I am having a hard time finding a place to print those--besides finding the time to print the illustrated narratives themselves. Sold at least sixty copies last week, by the way. My sincerest thanks. Ngayon ko lang na-monitor ang sales. Had no idea re: data of sold copies of the previous titles.

Abangan na lang po itong balak na zine, kung nais. Kung ayaw, ediwag.

Ending this post by extending all the gratitude I could extend. For international solidarity with Chile, Tilde. (A lame effort to attention-whore. Yes, fangurling hasn't ended yet. And I feel like I am being hated for it. Paranoia strikes like fuck. Anyway, sorry if this bothers you. Thanks again for dropping by.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Some other streets within the City as of 11.11.11.11.11

bi cycle : [i] [ii] [iii] buwan ng wika prompts : [001] [002] [003] [004] [005] [006] [007] [008] [009] [010] [011] [012] [013] [014] [015] [016] [017] [018] [019] [020] [021] [022] [023] [024] [025] [026] [027] [028] [x] [029] [030] [031] carcosite news net : [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] nausea : [001] [002] pandora's boxes : [i] [ii] [iii] [iv] [v] [vi] [vii] [viii] [ix] [x] [xi] qbccc : [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] [x] reverence : [i] [ii] [001] [002] [003] [004] [005] [006] [007] [008] [009] [010] [011] [012] [013] [014] [015] [016] [017] [018] [019] [020] [021] [022] [023] [024] [025] [026] [027] [028] [029] [030] [031] << samhain countdown | shards : [i] [ii] [iii] [iv] [v] [vi] spectacles : [i] [ii] [iii] [iv] [v] [vi] [vii] [viii]